News and Announcements
Thanks for checking in to your extended learning resource portal for everything you need to help your child stay engaged right now!
National Public Radio highlights a a new kids music group creating silly songs for our stir-crazy kids. Click here and get your kids up and moving!
Though physically closed, Fairfax County’s Public Library System is producing a lot of virtual programming that you can participate in from the comfort of their own home. Click here for their May programming.
Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts has made available a Parent Resources page to support their mission of creating a future with more successful learners and more effective educators by integrating the arts to engage children and students in active, multi-sensory learning. Take a look at the wonderful videos from educators with meaningful learning activities.
Sadly, this is the first time in over a decade we will not be able to hold our annual Spring Egg Hunt. We will certainly miss the adorable excitement from our children as they hunt for eggs and treat. In case you don’t have plans already – here are some great innovative Egg Hunt ideas that you can do at home!
Hatch Early Learning is offering Ignite@Home to families at no charge for a limited time. It is a digital learning platform for children 28 months to Kindergarten that provides research-based content so children can play and learn independently. USER CODE: MHU2020
Two more great sites to help you and your children get through these times. Days with Grey has great library of daily hands-on activities for your child and Mr. Nussbaum uses interactivity to advance learning over the internet.
Amazon has canceled the subscription of books and audio stories for children while schools are closed. All stories are free to stream at Audible.com
Mr. Drew’s live Zoom Circle Time @ 10 AM – The recording can be found in the Video Story Time Library below or on our Facebook page.
Launched new Distance Learning Portal on our website
Online Resources and Programming
Resources to continue to keep your children engaged with meaningful activities during the coronavirus pandemic.
- ABCmouse – Early Learning Academy: use redeem code SCHOOL7771
- Audible.com – Amazon has canceled the subscription of books and audio stories for children and students of all ages while schools are closed
- California State Parks PORTS Program – The Home Learning Program offers virtual field trips four times a week!
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Programs for story-led children’s yoga activities and videos on their YouTube channel
- Daily Routine Tips
- Daily Lunch Doodle – with Kennedy Center Education Artist-in Residence – Mo Willems
- Days with Grey – library of daily hands-on activities for your child
- GoNoodle – Guided Games and Activities to keep your children happy
- Growing A Jeweled Rose – A site packed with fun and educational activities for kids
- Jolly Phonics – Child centered approach to literacy. Your kids will love these short/silly songs to help their phonetical awareness.
- Josh Gadd Nightly Story Time (best known as the voice of Frozen’s Olaf)e
- Khan Academy – Live online classes on a variety of subjects for ages 4-18
- Mr. Nussbaum – Using interactivity to enhance online learning
- Outschool – Live online classes on a variety of subjects for ages 3-18
- Scholastic.com – Learn At Home (day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking and growing
- Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts– integrating the arts to engage children and students in active, multi-sensory learning experiences
Video Story Time Library
Grab your teddy bear and cozy up with for story time with your favorite teachers!
Ms. Bianca: Good Night Baby! by Sarah Ward
Ms. RenQing: Germs Are Not For Sharing by Elizabeth Verdick
Ms. Anissa: The Crown on Your Head by Nancy Tillman
Mr. Drew: Sometimes I’m Bombaloo by Rachel Vail
Ms. RenQing: Peaceful Piggy Meditation by Kerrey Lee MacLean
Ms. Tenzin: Its Spring! by Pamela Chanko
Ms. Ei: Good Night, Biscuit by Alyssa Capucili